Every year, the average American eats thirty-three pounds of cheese and seventy pounds of sugar. Every day, we ingest 8,500 milligrams of salt, double the recommended amount, almost none of which comes from the shakers on our table. It comes from processed food, an industry that hauls in $1 trillion in annual sales. In Salt Sugar Fat, Pulitzer Prize–winning investigative reporter Michael Moss shows how we ended up here. Featuring examples from Kraft, Coca-Cola, Lunchables, Frito-Lay, Nestlé, Oreos, Capri Sun, and many more, Moss’s explosive, empowering narrative is grounded in meticulous, eye-opening research. He takes us into labs where scientists calculate the “bliss point” of sugary beverages, unearths marketing techniques taken straight from tobacco company playbooks, and talks to concerned insiders who make startling confessions. Just as millions of “heavy users” are addicted to salt, sugar, and fat, so too are the companies that peddle them. You will never look at a nutrition label the same way again.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Sound Waves Sort Cells for Diagnostics, Cell-Based Therapies October 23, 2017 Conn Hastings
- Rapid Phone-Based Test for Multiple Infectious Pathogens October 23, 2017 Editors
- In 3 States, If Anthem Thinks You Shouldn't Have Gone To ER, It Won't Pay October 16, 2017 Robert Glatter, MD, Contributor
- The Surgical Glue That Can Repair An Injury In 60 Seconds October 8, 2017 Robert Glatter, MD, Contributor
- Why Innovation Must be on Your Board’s Agenda October 23, 2017 Paul Sloane
- Strategy versus Execution – a Meaningless Distinction October 22, 2017 Matthew E May
- 7 Lessons on Life and Business Learned from Peter Drucker October 22, 2017 Tom Koulopoulos
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Screening For Diabetes Is Working Better Than Thought October 23, 2017 Katherine Hobson
- Trump's Move To Cut ACA Subsidies Will Improve Marketplace, Roy Says October 23, 2017
- Price Transparency Tools Are Still Struggling. We Offer Advice October 23, 2017 John Irvine
- Kenzen’s ECHO Smart Patch Uses Data Improve Health For Users October 23, 2017 Matthew Holt
- New Labeling Solutions Emerge for UDI October 20, 2017 Daphne Allen
- Will Cementless Total Knee Replacements 'Mako' a Comeback? October 20, 2017 Nancy Crotti